Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches state and local sales and use tax rates, rules, nexus, exemptions and related data. Updates financial, accounting, and tax systems (Avalara).
- Receives, reviews and processes customers’ exemption
- Understands the relationship between customer exemption type, product taxability and state/local laws to apply the appropriate tax rules.
- Prepares and files state and local sales and use tax returns and completes various other tax filings and related research activities.
- Researches sales taxes billed in error and issues sales tax credits when necessary.
- Assists with state and local tax audits, including meeting with auditors, data collection, analysis and resolution.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 minimum or more years of experience in the tax field or related area, with at least two (2) years focusing on multi-state sales and use tax