Tax Accounting Manager
Overland Park, KS
Compliance & Reporting
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and filing of US Indirect Tax declarations and sales and use tax returns
- Manage Business License and Personal Property Tax filings and payments
- Manage transaction tax and tax return software including exemption certificates, assessment of new products and services, updates to system and tax rates
- Review tax work of outside providers.
Research & Planning
- Lead the team to perform research and manage tax duties associated with the filing or audit process.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal groups to advance tax efforts, including tax planning, tax compliance, tax audit, finance and IT
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to personnel in the Field and less experienced staff
- Supervise the day-to-day production of the indirect tax team.
- Manage performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development.
- Lead by example in portraying a positive and professional image
- Provide ongoing coaching, direction and professional development and performance management guidance to a group of direct reports.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance / Accounting or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of corporate experience in public accounting and/or private industry.
- 2+ years of leadership or management experience in field.
- Strong understanding of state and local tax concepts with focus in Indirect Tax, multi-state Sales & Use Tax, Business License and Property Tax reporting and filings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with fellow team members
- Strong analytical and technical skills, along with the ability to work independently and manage workload timely
- Candidate will be required to work with field staff across the country and provide excellent customer service
- Must have good leadership, communication, time management and organizational skills;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, work well with others and promote a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and conduct sales and use tax audits
- Ability to train and develop new staff