Kansas City, MO US
As a Staff Accountant, you will assist in preparing monthly financial statements, evaluate operating costs and ensure payment of all tax and other obligations. You will have a keen ability to ensure details are not missed in preparing production, sales, financial reports, and summaries as required for effective financial management of the business. Your ability to organize and communicate information is critical.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated monthly financial statements and other financial analytics.
- Assist in fixed asset reconciliations and use tax filings.
- Reconcile job cost and billings to general ledger and address root causes for discrepancies.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards.
- Reconcile other general ledger accounts.
- Record monthly journal entries and job cost adjustments.
- Assist in internal audits.
- Assist with the training of accounting and operational personnel on full utilization of all financial systems.
- Assist in developing and maintain accounting process and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Other responsibilities: ad hoc reporting, quarterly compliance and certificates, new vendor setups and internal controls, tax table maintenance.
- Other relevant accounting duties as assigned.
- Past accounting experience in a manufacturing and/or construction company.
- Job costing experience.
- Bachelor s degree in accounting / finance, economics, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management, general accounting and/or audit.
- Experience within the construction industry preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of standard accounting procedures, as well as all relevant Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Experience in the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel; attention to detail; strong written and oral communications skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Commitment to maintain strict confidentiality of corporate and employee information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, internally and externally.
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency, and a focus on delivering results and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and with other individuals.
- Flexibility and willingness to help where needed in the department, and to train others in the department.
About Morgan Hunter:
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.