Overland Park, KS
Our client is currently seeking a motivated and talented Staff Accountant to embrace an excellent opportunity within their current team. In this key role, you will accurately utilize your extensive ERP System, month-end and general ledger experience to ensure an organized and timely transaction flow.
- Accurately prepares and posts entries to general ledger accounts with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Generates general ledger account reconciliations, researching and resolving any outstanding items.
- Appropriately compiles financial information for distribution to senior management.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Properly submits accurate and timely reports to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) per their mandated process.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1-4 years of experience in a financial environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Extensive working knowledge of integrated ERP systems.
- Experience with Oracle or Oracle Cloud ERP system a plus
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and subsidiaries.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.