Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is searching for a driven Staff Accountant to join the accounting team at a growing and entrepreneurial construction company. In this position you will be part of a tenured team, manage month end duties, and communicate directly with sub-contractors. This company offers 100% employee paid health insurance, a generous 401k match, as well as aggressive career growth.
- Participate in financial close process, including recording journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist in monthly flash reporting
- Assist in compiling data for external and internal audits
- Communicate with commercial personnel to understand and report monthly results accurately
- Review invoices generated by various invoicing systems
- Work with the corporate and operational accounting, commercial, scheduling and accounts payable departments as necessary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study is required
- 1-2 years related experience in an accounting or finance role
- Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills
- Proficient using computer-based accounting system
- Must have good written, verbal and oral communication skills
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.