Kansas City, KS
Staff Accountant –
The staff accountant is responsible for the day to day accounting activities which include general ledger maintenance (preparation of various journal entries), budget preparation and analysis, aid in the detail review of accounts payable and accounts receivable, prepare accounts receivable entries for certain assigned properties, and completion of ad hoc projects.
- Preparing all quarterly accruals for financial reporting.
- Aiding in the completion of certain assigned fund quarterly financial statements.
- Preparing the quarterly PDF budget to actual reports (property and fund level) for distribution
- Aid in the preparation of the quarterly budget matrix report to be distributed to the director
- Reconciliation of volumes to the reports provided by forest management.
- Aiding in recording accounts receivable entries
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Aiding in the review of certain assigned accounts payable entries to meet the demands of the check run.
- Aid in the preparation of the annual property and fund level budgets.
- Aid in the preparation for the annual audit of the financial statements and tax returns of the funds.
- Maintenance of the annual renewal of property level hunting lease and liability insurance.
- Maintenance of the tax files and preparation of forms where needed.
- Ensure all entity level ancillary federal and state tax filings are completed and paid timely.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration
Experience with posting reconciliations