Sr. Full Stack Developer
Kansas City, MO
- Build apps, features and processes for both large and small-scale web applications.
- Help maintain and enhance current systems.
- Design system architecture for projects that can adapt to business needs.
- Take concepts, wireframes, and designs from idea to prototype or product and everything in between.
- Design and develop REST APIs.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for current systems or added features.
- Collaborate with other team members and foster a culture of creativity and technical excellence in our engineering team.
- Ensure development work meets user experience goals while being architecturally sound, built for the long term and designed to support ease of maintenance – ensuring consistent application of coding standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of existing and new technologies and standards
- Write maintainable code that conforms to best practices.
- Desire to learn, understand and apply new technologies that can proactively enhance the performance and experience of web applications.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work successfully with team members, associates, managers, consultants, and outside partners with diverse backgrounds and objectives who have a variety of communication and working styles.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research into project-related issues and products for best possible solutions.
- Calm under stress, with a healthy sense of humor.
- Programming in a major language, such as Ruby, Node.Js, Python, Go, or Java.
- 5+ years in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with deployment, provisioning, and automation tools.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as Bootstrap, HAML, SCSS and React.
- Experience with API development and service orientated architecture.
- Experience with MySQL databases.
- Agile product development experience a plus.