Software Quality Analyst
Kansas City, MO
Software Quality Analyst
We are seeking talented and self-motivated people that excel at problem solving to help augment our Software Quality Team. Candidates should be aggressive and eager to learn in a growing, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is familiar with testing methodologies, has extensive experience working with software applications, including GSuite/Microsoft Office, and has basic project management and organizational skills. Attention to detail is critical.
Successful candidates will work with Product Owners/Business Analysts, Architects, and the Developers to define tests for application features within an Agile/Scrum process. Team members will also work with the Architects to refine processes and procedures to improve the quality of systems and improve the flow of work within the team.
This position demands a hands-on, team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills and customer focus.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review, learn, and understand assigned areas of functionality as necessary to properly test requested changes, from both a business and implementation perspective.
· Review/attend information sessions that pertain to feature or functionality within their area of responsibility. This may include documented requirements or design. Provide accurate feedback during review of documents and designs.
· Review and author acceptance criteria as needed.
· Ability to quickly understand business processes to identify testing areas within a system.
· Experience performing manual functional black box testing and manual exploratory testing.
· An obsessive attention to detail that approaches perfection, but not paralysis
· Excellent communication skills and works well within a team environment, and within team processes
· 3 - 5 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance/Analyst is preferred.
· Experience working with a sprint planning tool, such as Azure DevOps or Jira, for tracking tests and activities.
Other nice to have experience:
· Experience working in a fast-paced web application development environment is preferred.
· Experience with Agile/Kanban development methodology would be helpful, but not required.
· Programming experience is helpful, but not required.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or comparable work experience.
· Knowledge or experience working within the telecommunications industry.