Social Media and Content Specialist
Kansas City, MO
Are you a Social Media and Content Specialist BOSS living in the KC Metro? Love working with marketing teams to help them ensure success? Would you like to work with top companies such as Amazon, Walmart & Target? Our client needs you. Must have solid skills in social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/etc). The sky is the limit at my client to grow your career? Our client is requesting 1-5 years of prior sales or marketing support experience. Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Advertising preferred.
With oversight from the Director of Marketing and Digital Marketing Manager, this position will manage our client’ s product content library, coordinate the day-to-day message for all of their social media channels and email campaigns, and assist in the creation of blog posts.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Create and maintain the social media content calendar and establish timelines for content creation and campaign assets
- Work with the design team to create exciting visual content for all social media and customer interaction channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Mail-Chimp, Survey Monkey
- Schedule daily content on all social media channels
- Responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly social media reporting and tracking
- Coordinate and execute contests, channel requirements, prizes and fulfillment
- Manage user-generated content through website and BazaarVoice platform
- Respond to comments, mentions, requests and messages in a timely and thoughtful manner Partnering closely with the customer service team to ensure a consistent consumer interaction experience with our brand across all channels
- Write engaging copy using best practices to ensure SEO reach and engagement with social media content
- Work with outside vendors to meet objectives, track progress of initiatives, and brief team leadership
- Update and maintain the company content library
- Assist in the topic selection and content for blogs and monthly email communications
- Maintain Midland’ s brand consistently through all interactions
- Proofreading product content, posts, and customer-facing information for accuracy
- Monitor ad campaigns for customer interaction and engagement in order to hit desired KPIs
- Other responsibilities that come with working on a fast-paced marketing team
Successful applicants will:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience in content creation, proof-reading, and social media
- 1-2 years’ experience in eCommerce and conversion analytics
- Take ownership in their work and be self-driven to ensure the continued growth of the channel.
- Be a flexible individual willing to learn, who can prioritize and multi-task, however fast the pace.
- Keep a problem solver’ s mentality with our team and thrive under pressure.
- Be thorough in their attention to detail so that nothing “ falls through the cracks.”