Senior Tax Associate
Kansas City, MO
At Morgan Hunter we are always looking for great talent in the Kansas City Area.
Our Senior Tax Associate performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling moderately complex financial transactions, taxes, statements, records, and reports. You will maintain the accuracy of the ledgers and financial systems; assist in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closings. You will also and provide assistance to assigned clients.
What this job involves:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recognition of revenue in compliance with contract terms and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assist with audit write ups for quarterly audits and monthly contracts that meet scope.
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide monthly (or as needed) revenue reporting by individual or group for local leadership including Individual vs. Target, group vs. Target, and deficit reporting with analysis
- Review expense reports for accuracy and compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Assist in producing timely and accurate monthly financial statements and provide variance analysis on information which could include supporting revenue schedules, labor reports, and expense review.
- Assist in the creation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts for the client group.
Sound like you? Before you apply it’ s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA a plus
- 2-5 years of accounting experience, some tax knowledge is needed
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners