Senior Tax Accountant
Overland Park, KS
Senior Tax Accountant
The Tax Manager will be involved in preparation and review of corporate federal and state income tax returns, premium tax returns, tax audits, financial statement tax computations and other regulatory filings. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with both peers and senior members of the Corporate Finance Team on income tax accounting and reporting matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns.
- Preparation and review of premium and municipal tax returns.
- Preparation and review of GAAP and Statutory quarterly tax provisions, including related reporting disclosures, management reports and validation of tax accounts.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and forecasted income tax projections and effective tax rate.
- Preparation and review of tax basis balance sheets and deferred tax inventory supporting schedules.
- Contribute to and take an active role in continuous improvements and automation initiatives.
- Prepare and review estimated tax payments and tax sharing calculations.
- Prepare and review tax account reconciliations.
- Provide requested information for income tax audits.
- Preparation of personal property tax returns and corporate annual reports.
- Participate in tax impact analysis of proposed transactions and tax planning initiatives.
- Assist in the development, compliance and maintaining of a strong internal control environment within the Tax Accounting function.
- Assist with documentation for quarterly and year-end tax provision audits by external and internal auditors.
- Assist with research and documentation of tax technical issues.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline/equivalent experience.
- CPA and/or master’ s degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting or in a large corporate environment.
- Corporate Federal Insurance income tax knowledge/preparation a plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and GAAP audits.
- Knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles a plus.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, One Source and Enterprise software a plus.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving-skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.