Senior HR Generalist
Kansas City, KS
The Senior Human Resources Generalist will provide overall Human Resources leadership, develop and implement corporate human resource strategy and programs and provide counsel to all levels of the organization.
Senior Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Develops and manages Human Resources policies and objectives for the company.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Identifies legal requirements and manages all HR related government reporting.
- Directs organizational and succession planning throughout the organization.
- Manages the compensation structure and performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services, and company safety and health programs. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containments.
- Establishes standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures.
- Establishes in-house management training programs that address company needs across division lines.
- Assists in selection and coordination of Human Resources consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, training specialists, labor counsel, and other outside sources.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out functions of department. Prepares periodic reports to top management, as necessary or requested.
Senior Human Resources Generalist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field.
- Ten (10) years' experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources; broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development is required.
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- HR certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage, and salary laws and regulations. Ability to interpret and advise on the application of EEO/AA laws.