Senior Financial Analyst
Overland Park, KS
Senior Financial Analyst
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Treasury – assist with managing daily bank activity, reporting balances and fund transfers, etc. Including weekly cash flow reporting to management.
- Bank reporting – assist with various bank reporting requirements including covenant calculations
- Accurate and timely monthly financial reporting for management, banks and investors. This includes monthly consolidation process and elimination journal entries. Assist with month-end close procedures for the Orizon facilities when necessary.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly factory performance metrics that “ drive results”
- Implementing business practices which will safeguard assets and maintain internal controls (i.E. Matching invoices, receipts and PO’ s, cycle count procedures, etc.)
- Proper and timely account reconciliations, documentation and analysis relating to best practices in financial recordkeeping
- Integration of general accounting functions with MRP software - responsible for postings to the general ledger including journal entries, and reconciling accounts monthly including responsibility for accurate month end and year end closing procedures
- Budgeting – assist with developing budgets and analyze and report performance activity measured against these targets
- Long term contract accounting – assist with preparation and auditing of long-term contract accounting programs. Includes challenging estimates at completion and communicating actions to achieve projected results.
- Fixed Assets - maintain and report GAAP and tax information for fixed asset accounting records including the implementation of a companywide fixed asset reporting system.
- Establish and audit internal control procedures
- Regulatory filing – assist with all regulatory filings for state and local organizations
Minimum Job Requirements:
- S. In Accounting with 1+ years of public accounting or business experience. Preferred areas of emphasis include:
- CPA Certification
- Cost accounting
- MRP system implementation
- Crystal Reports or equivalent
- Consolidating Financial Statements
- Fixed Asset Reporting
Other Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and understanding of general accounting policies, and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Knowledge of GAAP financial and accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Advanced skills in MS Office Excel, Access and Crystal Reports (or equivalent)
- Ability for multiple task management
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.