Overland Park, KS
A leader in the manufacturing industry in the Kansas City Metro Area is recruiting for a Senior Accountant to add to their team. The Senior Accountant will play a key role on the accounting and finance team by delivering timely and accurate information to provide a sound basis for management decisions. The Senior Accountant will be exposed to all areas of the accounting department so the individual in the position can continue to grow their career with the company. This position sits in their newly remodeled corporate office!
Senior Accountant responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Journalize monthly transactions and allocation accruals to the finance general ledger within expected time frames.
- Reconcile bank account and balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reports for funders as needed for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Monitor accounting for all agency fixed assets.
- Collaborate with agency staff to assist in general ledger item resolution.
- Research and provide expertise on solutions to potential accounting concerns.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Two years accounting experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in finance/accounting principles.
- Strong skills in utilizing computer software required, with an emphasis on Excel and Great Plains preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.