Overland Park, KS
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the Kansas City market and they're looking to hire a Senior Accountant. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
-Excellent work life balance and flexibility
-Ability to join a team and make an impact right away
-Fun company culture with team outings
-Company has consistent growth year over year (currently growing at 30%)
-Great location in the Johnson County
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or CPA tracking preferred
- 2-5 years of experience
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, a plus