Kansas City, MO
Provides the delivery of timely, accurate financial information through maintenance, reconciliation and analysis of the various cost allocation methods in a fast-paced environment. Utilization of financial systems and formula driven spreadsheets to provide analytical support for the budget and cost accounting functions of the company, leading process improvement opportunities along the way.
- Performs accurate and timely review, recording and analysis of expenditures during month-end close process.
- Collects, combines and interprets financial and operational data from various sources for management.
- Works within deadlines for accurate performance of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting activities, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintains and monitors the integrity of the cost allocation method, recommending efficiency and cost saving possibilities.
- Assists in capturing capitalization costs and analyzes product line cost determinations.
- Understands tax and regulatory effects of organizational expenditure behavior.
- Prepares product lines cost analysis for accuracy and process improvement opportunities for management review.
- Documents and maintains procedures around job tasks and responsibilities.
- Completes special projects and assignments as they become available.
- Acquiring information- Consults with others on problems and activities; possess strong research skills, collects information from a range of sources to assist and guide job activities; asks effective questions to obtain information to help him/her perform their job, accurate and precise attention to detail, responsible for maintaining security of highly confidential data.
- Technical capacity & critical thinking- Excellent analytical and project management skills, skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations, demonstrates ability to streamline and automate complex processes.
- Communication proficiency- Strong written and verbal communication skills, willingness and ability to collaborate cross-functionally on a regular basis, comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization; adjusts style of conversation based on the audience; uses words and messages appropriate given the background and interests of the people he/she is talking to, ability to provide high quality deliverables while meeting deadlines.
- Making accurate judgments and decisions- Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decision, sound understanding of accounting principles, ability to manage time efficiently and work independently while applying an understanding of priorities, integrity and ethics that are beyond reproach.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics.
- 3 – 5 years of accounting and/or finance experience.
- Intermediate use of Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with financial systems, such as Workday and PeopleSoft.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles.
- Intellectual curiosity, enjoys learning new tools and best practices, strives for excellence in daily tasks.