Industry: Accounting and Finance
Job Number: EB-7334680661
Pay Rate: $80,000.00
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leading manufacturing organization in the Downtown Kansas City Metro Area is looking to hire a Senior Accountant. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA a plus
- General Accounting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate to expert Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction