The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the execution of various daily accounting functions and period end financial reporting processes. The Senior Accountant will interface with accounting management and staff accountants to ensure that accounting processes comply with company standards and requirements. The Senior Accountant should be able to meet established deadlines during the financial period with remarkable attention to detail and accuracy. The ideal candidate should work well within a team-like atmosphere and be able to interact daily with all levels of the company's workforce.
- Direct and provide recommendations on accounting procedures
- Manage the shared service billing process with our business partners and affiliates including preparation of the billing, directing the gathering of all relevant information and support, and investigation and follow-up of billing questions
- Manage the review process of capital appropriation requests in accordance with the Company's fixed asset policies
- Prepare various government agency/compliance reporting forms
- Prepare and maintain various accounting consideration memos, investigating new accounting pronouncements as necessary
- Backup other duties in the accounting department as needed
- Complete various account reconciliations and reporting schedules and prepare associated journal entries as needed
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and minimum three years of accounting experience
- CPA certification highly preferred
- Public accounting background preferred
- Highly organized and the ability to self-motivate/direct to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong customer-service orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills and listening and interpersonal skills. Experience working in team oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with Microsoft programs with an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.