Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is working with a valued client to help them identify a candidate to work as a Security Engineer. This company invests in the growth of their employees and values work-life balance. This is a direct-hire role for a company located in Overland Park, KS. The job will be working in the office.
The Security Engineer position is assigned to the Security Operations Center (SOC). The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the security of systems used to support our customers as well as those used internally. This is a customer-focused, hands-on role, in which the Security Engineer will be expected to handle and resolve customer issues. This specific role is a resource with a solid understanding of networking and security.
- Implement and manage security tools
- Investigate suspicious activities, contain and prevent them. Correlate and validate alerts. Contextualize these events within the network environment of the business, and coordinate response activities with key team members in real time.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents. Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Understand security technologies including anti-malware, endpoint detection and response (EDR), web security, SIEM, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), firewalls, threat intelligence, etc.
- Perform annual risk assessments on company and its customers
- Provide comprehensive risk assessments of business and technology-sponsored projects and initiatives, including engagements with third parties
- Serve as primary point of contact for risk management
- Support information security, enterprise-wide risk management
- Use knowledge of information security standards and best practices to assist in the creation and maintenance of organization policies, standards, guidelines and processes
- Provide the information systems security function, including reviewing, planning and implementation, and management of security controls for the company
- Establish a security stance through policy, architecture and training processes
- Lead the selection of appropriate security solutions and oversee any vulnerability audits and assessments
- Manage security exemptions processes, particularly where it involves shared risks to the company’ s systems and data
- Leverage technology to aggregate controls, risk and compliance information to rapidly identify and report exceptions
- Direct businesses with understanding regulatory compliance requirements and developing solutions to meet these requirements
- Work with sales team to recommend, design and implement information security solutions for customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years of experience in information systems engineering
- Minimum of two years in a security-focused information systems role
- Working knowledge of common IT security-related regulations and/or standards such as HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLBA, NYDFS, CCPA, FFIEC, NIST and ISO 27001/2
- Preferred certifications: Cybersecurity Analyst Certification (CySA+), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Excellent problem solving and analyzation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create effective documentation
- Must obtain and maintain industry certifications for continued growth
- Skill in remaining calm and focused in pressurized situations
- Pre-sales engineer experience a plus
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.