Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct-hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Risk Manager to join a tight-knit team of professionals. You’ ll find the corporate culture welcoming and inclusive, and everyone works as one big team. The Kansas City office is a smaller office supporting an international parent company, so you get the fun feel of a smaller company while enjoying the benefits and opportunities of a much larger organization.
- Ability to work in a smaller corporate office – you work well with a wide variety of personalities.
- You will support the global parent company based on all corporate risks.
- Our client prefers someone with an insurance risk background – you are strong in the formal risk process.
- Be able to demonstrate your problem-solving skills tangibly.
- Deep skills with the systems to do the job, such as Advanced Excel.
- HTML-XML is a plus, but you can learn on the job if necessary. Our client supports learning, so you can grow your professional skills.
- Be self-directed – No micromanagers here, so you need to be a self-starter and driven. Have the ability to build strong internal corporate relationships to elicit buy-in.
- Ability to protect sensitive information. It is a small group where you’ ll get to know each other, and you must keep corporate information confidential.
- Your direct supervisor has a hands-off management style – they understand your job and what you do, but they will rely on your expertise to get the job done.
- You must be able to work in small teams and closely.
Top 4 things our client is seeking:
- Possess a risk background or have strong experience in insurance.
- Be able to demonstrate your strong problem-solving skills.
- Be self-directed. Our client leadership won’ t babysit you, and they will rely on you to get your job done.
- Culture: Being a smaller corporate office, they want people who can build relationships and keep critical business information completely confidential.
- Bachelors Degree from an Accredited University
- 5+ years of Risk Management experience with a preference for people in risk or insurance organizations.
- Rock-solid communications skills – in risk, you have to elicit buy-in from a wide variety of personalities and communicate at all levels within the organization.
- You are a guru in Excel and can efficiently function in databases to pull data that you need to make critical decisions.
- Be deadline-driven to ensure on-time decision-making around risk.
NOTE: Our client is not offering relocation at this time. You must reside in the KC metropolitan for consideration.