Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Our client is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Specialist to process payroll, administer benefit programs and manage changes within the HRIS system for this multi-state organization.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist responsibilities include:
- Performs all payroll processing and related activities including wage garnishments and payroll deductions.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding earnings, deductions, calculations, withholdings, etc.
- Facilitates new employee benefit orientation and acts as first point of contact for all employee benefit inquiries, providing excellent customer service.
- Administers the benefits side of HRIS system, approving employee benefit transactions throughout the year and during open enrollment.
- Processes 401(k) and HSA/FSA funding files.
- Administers leaves of absence and assists with processing claims for worker’ s compensation.
- Coordinates and completes required reports, audits, fillings for payroll and benefits.
- Reconciles benefit invoices and plan expenses.
- Provides HRIS system administration and maintenance.
- Writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports using appropriate reporting tools.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- Associates degree in Business, Human Resources, Accounting or other relevant degree is required. Bachelor’ s degree is preferred.
- 2 or more years processing multi-state payroll; demonstrated knowledge of payroll regulations and payroll taxes.
- HRIS and Payroll, timekeeping system software experience is required. UltiPro experience is preferred.
- Human Resources experience and working knowledge of employee benefits programs is strongly preferred.