Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Kansas City, MO
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the payroll and human resources functions and duties. This position carries out assigned responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: payroll processing, benefits administration, recruiting and on-boarding, off-boarding, HRIS, training, performance management tracking, employee communications, records maintenance and other areas as assigned.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist requirement include:
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll for processing. Maintain and reconcile corresponding worksheets to various payroll payments and deductions. Complete post processing reconciliations and ensure benefit contributions to vendors are funded.
- Administration of benefits plans including change reporting to providers, reconciliation of provider invoices, timely payment to providers, ensuring HRIS is updated with benefit changes, and reconciling benefits to payroll reports.
- Assist Human Resources Manager in the administration of various programs for all company personnel. Areas may include but are not limited to: recruitment, on-boarding, coordinating events, training, performance management, and records management.
- Communicate accurate information to employees related to benefits and policies.
Payroll and Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business or related field and two (2) years increasingly responsible work in payroll and/or Human Resources administration, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in payroll processing and benefits administration.
- Demonstrated payroll system experience is required, ADP is preferred.
- Human Resources certification is preferred.