Overland Park, KS
We are assisting a very successful client in procuring a highly-proficient Payroll Specialist with extensive experience processing multi-state payroll for 500+ employees, utilizing the UltiPro software system. In this position you will administer payroll processes, ensuring associates are paid on-time and accurately, and ensure proper payroll records are maintained and legally compliant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately manages multi-state payrolls, meeting all established deadlines.
- Methodically reviews and reconciles pay deductions, collecting arrears as needed.
- Performs monthly benefit reconciliations for both employer and employee benefit costs.
- Initiates new tax jurisdictions including payroll system code creation and registration with state and local tax entities.
- Prepares and reviews payroll reports for errors, performing necessary corrections.
- Reconciles payrolls according to established deadlines.
- Resolves time-off balances, distributing reports to managers.
- Maintains workers’ compensation rates in the payroll system.
- Generates accrual entries.
- Maintains payroll data files in accordance with legal mandates.
- Regularly communicates with the payroll service provider.
- Prioritizes timely responses to associate payroll queries.
1-10 years of payroll administration experience in a multi-state environment, with a large employee base
Extensive experience using UltiPro software
High proficiency in MS Office with advanced Excel skills
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.