Kansas City, MO
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Specialist. They are looking for a team member who would enjoy working for an organization that strives every day to support the public good and make a difference.
This is a full-time position in a positive and flexible environment. Progressive benefits include flexible work environment, 37.5-hour work week, tuition reimbursement, referral bonuses, vacation buy back, infants in the workplace, adoption assistance, employee recognition programs, days off for community service, student loan repayment program and a fitness center.
Payroll Specialist responsibilities include:
- Administers payroll and paid time off for the organization in three different states.
- Shares overall responsibility for time and attendance functions.
- Reviews and/or confirms files for all third-party vendors including deferred compensation plans, employee contributions, employer matching and contributions, Health Savings Account funding, Health, and FSA contributions for biweekly payroll cycles.
- Reconciles payroll-related bank activity each month.
- Prepares and uploads journal entries to the general ledger to record payroll transactions for salary, federal withholding, state withholding (multiple states), FICA, Medicare, DCP contributions, state unemployment (for multiple states), and all other payroll transactions.
- Completes routine payroll projects including annual deduction changes, annual PTO setbacks, and bi-annual vacation buyback.
Payroll Specialist requirements include:
- Associates degree and three to five years of payroll processing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll systems.
- Ceridian Dayforce experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Outlook.