Kansas City, MO
Our client has an immediate opening for a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the payroll process ensuring timely, accurate and effective processing of payroll disbursements for over 1000 employees in multi states.
Payroll Manager responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the payroll process, policies and procedures; coordinates all payroll activities.
- Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal tax, wage and hour laws and requirements.
- Ensure accurate payroll tax filings and deposits.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures; point of contact for questions and requests from outside parties.
- Collaborate with other departments including HR to ensure all team member payroll and benefit related matters are accurately and timely handled and continuous improvement in payroll processes is achieved.
- Process child support orders, wage garnishment requirements, state and federal tax levies and negotiates with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Accurately prepare pay by verifying time records, calculating and producing checks and electronic transfers, calculating vacation earned, and distribution of checks and employee correspondence.
- Work closely with the Finance department to track labor for budgeting, cost reports for separate locations, balance payroll accounts and resolve discrepancies that may require journal entries.
Payroll Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field is preferred.
- Eight or more years of payroll experience.
- Demonstrated payroll lead or management experience.
- Multi state payroll experience is required.
- Strong systems knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience with restricted stock options and incentive plans is desirable.
- CPP certification is desirable.