Kansas City, MO
Our client, who is dedicated to enhancing the work-life balance of its employees and members, has an immediate opening for a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the payroll process ensuring timely, accurate and effective processing of payroll disbursements for all employees in multiple states.
Payroll Manager responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the payroll process, policies and procedures; coordinates all payroll activities.
- Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal tax, wage and hour laws and requirements.
- Ensure accurate payroll tax filings and deposits.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures; point of contact for questions and requests from outside parties.
- Collaborate with other departments including HR to ensure all team member payroll and benefit related matters are accurately and timely handled and continuous improvement in payroll processes is achieved.
- Process child support orders, wage garnishment requirements, state and federal tax levies and negotiates with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Accurately prepare pay by verifying time records, calculating and producing checks and electronic transfers, calculating vacation earned, and distribution of checks and employee correspondence.
- Work closely with the Finance department to track labor for budgeting, cost reports for separate locations, balance payroll accounts and resolve discrepancies that may require journal entries.
Payroll Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field is preferred.
- Five years payroll experience, preferably in a lead role.
- Ultimate Software experience is desirable.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, and other computer applications.