Our client is seeking a Payroll Administrator to process bi-weekly payrolls for all employees in compliance with applicable governmental regulations and internal policy. The Payroll Administrator is also a point of contact in maintaining the HRIS system and extracting data for reporting.
Payroll Administrator responsibilities include:
- Utilize HRIS to process all payroll and timekeeping information for bi-weekly payrolls.
- Interpret and process wage garnishments, bankruptcies, tax levies, and child support orders.
- Provide timely and accurate resolution to all payroll or timekeeping issues, answer questions from manager and employee levels, and escalate complex problems to HR management.
- Partner closely with the benefits team to ensure payroll and timekeeping data can be effectively used in benefits administration.
- Complete required payroll and timekeeping forms and reports in compliance with applicable local, state and federals laws and regulations.
- Gather data for payroll and timekeeping audits.
- Generate and distribute recurring and ad hoc reports for business line leaders, utilizing the HRIS and other software.
- Work diligently to ensure accuracy, consistency, and reliability of data in the HRIS through assigned system audits and data tests.
- Perform quarterly and year-end close activities.
Payroll Administrator requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, or combination of equivalent work experience, required.
- Minimum of (3) three years supporting the payroll functional area.
- Experience navigating HRIS systems, required.
- CPP certification, preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of payroll processing and all related governmental regulations and tax laws.
- Excellent computer skills, including significant experience with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to be bonded.