Kansas City, MO
Education: Associate degree in Accounting or related field. Experience in Payroll/Accounting can be substituted for education.
Experience/Skills/Abilities: 2-5 years of experience in an office setting, including 2-4 years of payroll experience. Software experience: Proficient in Excel 10 or higher, ADP Workforce Now (WFN) Payroll, and Kronos Time and Attendance. High degree of analytic and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
Payroll (ADP Workforce Now)
- Process the bi-weekly payroll for 300 hourly employees at two locations
- Maintain employee information in payroll software. Verify accuracy of paperwork
- Develop and maintain multiple spreadsheets to track employee changes, i.E., Short Term Disability, New Hire increases, etc. Develop processes for ensuring accuracy
- Develop and maintain reports in ADP WFN, using reporting to streamline and validate processes
- Work with plant HR personnel on a regular basis to verify that payroll related benefits are processed in a timely and accurate manner
Time and Attendance (Kronos Workforce Ready)
- Maintain employee records in Kronos, including adding new employees and terminating those who leave the company
- Retrieve phone messages from plant call-in and text lines and request appropriate time off on behalf of employees in Kronos
- Review all employee vacation requests and approve or deny them based on contractual requirements and the individual employee accrual balances. Work with plant HR personnel regarding FMLA absences.
- Analyze timecards daily, looking for punch exceptions and anomalies that need to be addressed. Communicate with supervisors regarding their employees, requesting additional information as required