Kansas City, KS
Our client is seeking a Payroll Administrator with the ability to work independently and within a team, in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This position is responsible for the preparation and disbursement of payroll for approximately 6, 500 multi-state employees on a monthly, bi-weekly, and weekly basis. This role serves as a key point of contact for employees and managers for support throughout the payroll process.
Payroll Administrator responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day payroll processes to ensure timely, compliant and accurate payroll.
- Input and/or upload and verify all payroll entries including deductions, earnings, gross ups, garnishments, new hires, terminations, taxes, adjustments and manual checks in the payroll system.
- Review, ensure accuracy and reconcile Kronos timekeeping data and initiate manual adjustments and corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and analyzing pre-transmission and post-transmission payroll audit reports.
- Establish and maintain annual payroll processing schedules and tasks
- Set up and maintain Federal, State and Local tax accounts in multiple states in the US
- Resolve payroll tax issues by working with the Federal, State and Local agencies and ADP Tax Services; ability to understand, research, and quickly and accurately resolve any tax notices and identify situations that call for amended returns.
- Compile, input and reconcile any additional data to be included in the final payroll prior to processing of W-2s, and process W-2 corrections, as appropriate.
- Provide exceptional customer service in a high-volume environment answering questions relating to salary, paychecks and other payroll information, while paying close attention to detail and keeping all salary, benefit and other personal information.
- Assist in the testing of all payroll related system enhancements, improvements & migrations.
- Create and/or run accurate reports using ADP Reporting system as requested by internal and external parties.
Payroll Administrator requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED required; an Associate degree is preferred.
- 2 or more years of progressive Payroll experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ADP Enterprise and Kronos experience is preferred.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard payroll concepts, practices and procedures.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to visualize, gather information, articulate, analyze, and solve complex problems.