Payroll Administrator (Contract)
Kansas City, MO
Our client is seeking an experienced Contract Payroll Administrator for 6 months. This position will co-manage the semi-monthly payroll in a multi-state, multi-country payroll environment.
This position is responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system. Reviews the computation of pay and ensures the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations. Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks. Requires ability to work well with both finance and human resource departments.
Contract Payroll Administrator responsibilities include:
- Co-manages the employee data/compensation in Payroll system which includes new hires, changes, additional earnings, time and attendance, monthly commissions, car allowances, bonuses, employee benefit deductions (includes but not limited to all Health and Welfare, 401(k), RSP).
- Works with the Payroll Manager to identify process improvements, standard operating procedure documentation changes, SOX controls, and IT technology projects with respect to all aspects of the payroll process.
- Handles complex inquiries from employees, management and outside agencies.
- Prepares/oversees all semi-monthly payroll reporting such as General Ledger export, management reports, 3rd party check distribution, and ACH’ s, check disbursement etc. Coordinates and assembles payroll reports for the preparation of various tax returns
- Provides customer service to employees in the area of pay, benefits, payroll deductions, time and attendance and taxes as they relate to their pay. Handles complex inquiries from employees and outside agencies regarding payroll matters.
- Assists with balancing and submitting 401k contributions to 401k record keeper and 401k audits.
Contract Payroll Administrator requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience processing multi-state payroll.
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with garnishments, levies and wage assignments.
- Demonstrated experience working with Oracle Cloud Payroll system.
- Demonstrated experience with Report Writer (Crystal Reports, etc.).