Payroll & HRIS Manager
Lenexa, KS US
Are you a detail-oriented payroll professional looking to join a dynamic team? We are seeking a Payroll and HRIS Manager to join our team and be responsible for processing multi-state payroll in compliance with company policy and regulations, as well as supporting our HRIS programs.
As our Payroll and HRIS Manager, you will have primary responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the data in our HRIS systems and ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing. You'll be the go-to person for employee inquiries regarding earnings, deductions, calculations, withholdings, and more.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- Process bi-weekly payroll for multiple states, including calculation of wages and payments for special payroll requirements, as well as identifying and resolving discrepancies as necessary.
- Maintain employee data in our IT tools and troubleshoot system issues.
- Serve as project lead for all HRIS/Payroll system projects and drive process improvement initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert for HRIS and payroll systems, while also ensuring the accuracy of benefits deductions and payroll-related changes due to leaves of absence.
- Submit required reports, audits, and filings for payroll and benefits, as well as oversee the maintenance of confidential employee files and records.
- Provide finance department with necessary reports and information to manage cash flow.
- Respond to unemployment claims and handle verification of employment requests.
- High school diploma required, degree in Business, Accounting, or other relevant field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years processing multi-state payroll, with intermediate knowledge of payroll regulations and payroll taxes.
- Some experience maintaining records within an HRIS/payroll system is required, with knowledge of employee benefits programs strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Financial acumen and intermediate MS Excel skills are required, with experience with Ceridian Dayforce a plus.
At our company, we value a collaborative and supportive work environment, and we strive to provide our employees with the tools and resources needed for success.