National Business Development Manager - Hybrid/Rem
Overland Park, KS US
Our National Client is seeking a B2B Business Development Manager to join their growing team. The client would love someone to reside in Kansas City but has opened the search to the continental US. For client consideration, you must be regional to a national airport as the position does require air travel. Our client would love someone from B2B telecom, managed IT services, public utilities, etc.
The National Business Development Manager focuses on hunting and closing new business and managing customer relationships. You will communicate directly with prospects, understand their needs, and recommend services that maximize value. You may also assist in developing sales strategies. You are the extremely important “ tip of the spear” and will be responsible for breaking into new sizable long-term partnerships with client targets.
You will manage the entire sales cycle, from discovery calls to closing a deal and ongoing customer relationships. The ideal candidate has a history of winning new business and hitting sales quotas while loving the challenges of outbound prospecting in a competitive market. Our successful Business Development Managers are skilled communicators and presenters who can find the best fit between the prospect and service. Business Development Managers who perform well will have ample advancement and career growth opportunities.
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from finding a client to winning a deal. Focus on farming existing customer base with upsells and renewals.
- Call on decision-makers to create and nurture new revenue-generating opportunities
- Track your deal pipeline systematically via CRM and use data to analyze market opportunities
- Coordinate with the Business Development Associate(s) to develop and manage sales and marketing campaigns
- Create and design prospecting and new sales strategies
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and conduct webinars for prospective clients
- Be a team player and work cross-functionally with various departments
- Constantly strive to push the frontier of your knowledge of the client’ s industry
- Build long-term relationships and nurture prospects and referral sources over time
- Some travel will be required with an expected 10-15 tradeshows a year, each lasting an average of 2-3 days
What Do You Need?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a B2B sales or business development capacity
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed Sales goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to utilizing a CRM system to track the pipeline daily
- Proficiency in creating PowerPoint presentations and manipulating Excel data
- Detail-oriented approach; ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely, efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to ramp up quickly on technical concepts and utilize technical language and industry terminology accurately
Preferred but not required
- Knowledge of internet utilities such as Cable, Telco, WISPs, Fiber, and VoIP providers
- Familiarity with industry terminologies such as DSL, Fixed Wireless, FTTH, and DOCSIS
Please note: While the client is offering a 100% hybrid opportunity, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States with no restrictions. The applicant must also reside in the continental US with relatively easy access to a national airport.
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.