Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Analyst
Overland Park, KS
The Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Analyst will work directly with the M & A Finance team to perform financial due diligence and integration. During due diligence, this position will be focused primarily on substantive testing, which will involve validation of historical financial statements, and pro forma modeling of revenue, compensation, and operating expenses. Timely communication of the financial projections, financial risks, and integration obstacles is critical to the success of each engagement.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will combine proven analytical and communication skills to effectively execute the financial due diligence and integration. Strong organizational and project management skills, coupled with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Prepare closing balance sheets, and ensure adequate support.
- Pro forma modeling by identifying and applying normalization adjustments to historical financial statements.
- Prepare detailed written financial due diligence reports, including financial exhibits.
- Conduct integration calls and on-site visits to coordinate financial integration efforts.
- Perform subject company risk assessment by conducting Q&A with targeted management, and reviewing information provided to identify financial risks.
- Substantive testing, including both tests of detail and analytical procedures over historical revenue, compensation, and operating expenses.
- Where necessary, work with the various regional finance teams to assist with the documentation of internal controls and processes in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 3 year or more of relevant experience in audit or transaction services.
- CPA Candidate/Certification is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Detail oriented, strong organization skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic; able to operate independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and interact smoothly and effectively with multi-faceted teams (e.G. Compliance, Operations, HR, Technology, etc.).
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and accurately, to meet tight deadlines.
- Analytical thinker with excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills, both technical and narrative.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities.
- Experience with documentation of internal controls is preferred.
- Experience with all phases of an audit, including planning, execution, and reporting is preferred.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.