Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is partnering with a local Overland Park commodities company to hire a Merchandising Assistant to join their growing team! This role will be the primary support for a variety of profit centers in coordinating commodity shipments by truck, rail or barge. We are looking for a detail oriented individuals who excel in a fast and data focused environment!
Primary tasks of the role include:
- Coordinate the logistical support/tracking of over 300 railcars on a daily basis - ensuring movement and accurate details are executed.
- Handles all accounting functions including: billing/invoicing, setting up and processing payables, contracts, data entry of logistical details, etc.
- Provides customer service to internal and external teams to resolve complex issues.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are met with all transactions.
- Applies strong attention to detail and reasoning skills to solve problems on a daily basis.
Experience necessary to be successful:
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience. (logistics, accounting, banking, insurance, analyst, etc.)
- Above average math skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Reliable, accountable and resilient.
- Strong customer service, attention to detail and follow up skills necessary.
- Excellent organization and flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Agricultural experience is a plus!
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.