Manager of Internal Audit
Kansas City, MO
The Manager of Internal Audit provides mentoring, training and supervision to the internal audit team as well as plans, directs and coordinates the successful execution of the Internal Audit Plan (including Sarbanes-Oxley 404) by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activities that are designed to add value and improve operations.
- Support the execution of the annual risk assessment (Internal Audit and SOX) and development of an approved annual audit plan
- Provide support and coordination activities with management and the external auditors
- Support the development and maintenance of department budget within acceptable guidelines
- Support audit committee reporting and communication efforts
- Develop strong working relationships with key members of the leadership team
- Lead planning, scoping, execution and reporting of operational, compliance, and financial value added internal audits in accordance with professional standards
- Develop and present clear and concise reports on the results of audit examinations, including identifying risks and making recommendations to help mitigate the risks
- Support the internal audit team (internal and third party providers) in the annual assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting for SOX purposes, and helps ensures the company meets all annual SOX compliance requirements
- Coordinate management action plans in response to findings identified as part of annual audits
- Provide quality assurance for all projects performed in the department
- Participate in departmental orientation, on the job training, and quality assurance programs/initiatives
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Maintains professional training and certification requirements
- Provide mentoring, training and supervision as needed to the Internal Audit team
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- 7+ years of experience in audit for Big 4/national firm, or combination of public accounting and private industry
- At least 1 year of leadership experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting; Certification as a CPA (or working towards such certification). Masters of Business Administration Degree
- Previous experience with SOX 404 audits