Overland Park, KS US
About the Company
Our client, an large-local company that is a leader in their industry is seeking to add an Internal Auditor to their growing finance/accounting team. This position will require 0% travel. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a jump from public accounting to industry, as the company offers great career development and high-level exposure.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for adding value and improving our client's operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Specific duties in this accounting Senior Audit role include:
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determining internal audit scope and developing annual plans
- Obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit's results and document process
- Facilitate the evaluation of key business processes, risks and controls. Manage the evaluation of financial reporting controls (SOX 404).
- Serve as a contact for corporate, locations, and external auditors regarding auditing and fraud matters or projects. Assist in coordinating audits/projects with external professionals/specialists.
- Keep current on changes in US GAAP, Audit standards and regulatory changes and drive awareness across the department
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintaining open communication with director of audit and audit committee
- Conducting follow-up audits to monitor management's interventions
- Engaging to continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for an objective Internal Auditor who combines a thorough knowledge in accounting procedures and a sound judgment, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred experience for this Internal Audit position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1+ years audit experience
- Public accounting experience preferred but open
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.