Internal Audit Manager
Overland Park, KS
Manager, Internal Controls
Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for providing guidance on the design and testing of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) across the Company and the incumbent collaborates with internal and external auditors to ensure that the audits of the Company’ s controls and financial statements go smoothly.
- Assist Director, Internal Controls with achieving department goals and objectives
- Manage a staff (approx. 2-4) and be responsible for the quality and timely completion of issue validations
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to team members. Establish development plans for each team member that facilitates proficiency and excellence in current positions and prepares team members for future opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with business partners and third parties including regulators.
- Assist with ongoing external audits, while closely monitoring progress and responding to audit inquiries as needed
- Assist in the assessment and review of the adequacy of controls
- Present findings and recommendations to the business owners using strong written and verbal communication skills. Design solutions to manage audit risk and provide insight into processes and controls.
- Build strong working relationships with lines of businesses, risk management, and regulators.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of applicable regulations including the ability to form opinions on the design and effectiveness of regulatory compliance and operational controls.
- Provide credible challenge to business leaders as appropriate.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5-7 years accounting experience with progressive financial and general controls leadership within a complex environment, public accounting experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of SOX, MAR, and ICFR accounting guidelines
- Leadership experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Detailed oriented with superior quantitative ability and strong organization skills.
- Excellent customer focus and a commitment to quality while still meeting deadlines
- Highest degree of integrity and ethics