IT System Analyst
Overland Park, KS US
The IT Systems Analyst position will work as part of a regional IT team collaborating with trading, operations and technology partners to identify, develop, and implement world-class technical solutions for a global merchandiser and processor of agricultural goods. This specific role utilizes a technical skillset and hands-on abilities in order to bridge the gap between business needs and technical solutions.
Finally, the IT Systems Analyst will have the opportunity to participate in leading-edge technology research and deployments, focusing on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and related real-time system integrations, data visualization capabilities, and operational improvements.
This client currently works on a hybrid schedule - 2 days a week in the office.
The IT Systems Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Partners with IT business analysts and business unit personnel at multiple locations to understand business needs and functional requirements, and define system or technical requirements in support of functional requirements.
- Develops, analyzes, and organizes technical specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and application flowcharts in collaboration with IT Business Analysts and other team members in support of assigned project delivery.
- Performs technical analysis tasks focusing on system design and functionality, including elements of data analysis and system integration.
- Works within a project team to implement system deployments and enhancements, covering a range of IT system, IT infrastructure, and hardware technologies.
- Manages problem-solving on technical, systems, and data issues in support of project delivery, performance improvement, and system failure resolution.
- Creates and manages documentation supporting technical aspects and implementation of systems and relevant supporting infrastructure and hardware.
- Researches and explores new technologies or new approaches to implement existing technologies in support of business needs.
- Creates and manages technical testing plans, including execution of test scripts in support of project implementation when needed.
- Translates highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements for use in project delivery
- Works to understand the company’ s business operations, in order to best determine how available technical solutions can be adapted to best meet business needs.
- Provides project support through data extraction and analysis in support of project goals.
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.