Kansas City, MO
Local Kansas Company is looking for a talented IT Professional to fill an IT Generalist/Help Desk role within their company.
IT Generalist / Help Desk Job Description
Our client will value and grow your skills if you are eager to learn and provide value to users by helping with desktops, software, upgrades, support, business applications and leading projects. The role will blend front-facing with users at all levels as well as allow you to be hands-on in the technology.
- Provide support to end user systems in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment and software issues both locally and remotely.
- Work to develop a solid understanding of user’ s needs and anticipate IT solutions.
- Assemble/install hardware and software on desktop, laptop, and tablet computers/devices.
- Assist in maintaining and upgrading various IT systems, including servers and network resources.
- Earn the users’ trust and maintain the highest integrity and quality of service.
- Provide excellent customer service to all user’ s within the company.
- Must be able to crawl under and behind desks to move workstation assets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both orally and written.
- Advanced PC troubleshooting and repair
Certifications: Preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Windows knowledge
- Microsoft Office application knowledge
- Familiarity with mobile devices
- Phone system troubleshooting and configuration
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁ ng to direct-hire placements. We’ re more than just a recruiting ﬁ rm— we’ re a partner and a performer, leveraging our relationships and expertise to match companies with sought-after talent. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁ cient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker— because everyone deserves to ﬁ nd the right ﬁ t.
Across industries and positions, we're focused on relationships. We look past the transaction to see the person behind the job. It can be an impersonal business, but at the end of the day, our job comes down to people— which means it's all personal to us.