Human Resources Specialist
Kansas City, KS
Our client is a manufacturing company located in the heart of Kansas City. They are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to join their team. The selected individual will administer company policies, procedures and programs and a wide variety of human resources responsibilities. The Human Resources Specialist carries out primary responsibilities in the following functional areas: Recruitment/Selection, company benefit leaves (FMLA, WC, and LOA) in compliance with applicable laws and company policies. This is a busy environment so the ability to work quickly, efficiently and make good business decisions is important.
Human Resources Specialist responsibilities include:
- Administers the recruitment, selection, and on-boarding processes related to hiring new employees.
- Administers all processes related to employing temporary workers.
- Administers the FMLA process for the facility.
- Administers the benefit leave process in accordance with HIPAA, FMLA and WC, as well as administering STD and LTD claims in line with company policies and procedures.
- Administers the Worker’ s Compensation claims process for the facility.
- Conducts training as needed.
- Ensures compliance with existing federal and state employment laws and regulations.
Human Resources Specialist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience in Human Resources demonstrated by prior work experience in the areas of recruitment, benefits administration, FMLA administration, administration of leave benefits and other HR programs.
- Intermediate knowledge, as demonstrated by prior work experience or education, regarding employment laws and sound HR practices.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), HRIS systems, and applicant tracking systems.
- Shift flexibility to accommodate the hours of the plant’ s operation.