Human Resources Manager
Overland Park, KS
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager functions as a business partner with the company’ s leadership to support company initiatives through understanding of the vision, values, mission, business objectives, issues, needs and financial picture of the organization. This position provides HR leadership and serves as the strategic adviser in all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment/staffing, HRIS management, employee relations, performance management, policies & procedures, training & development, benefits and payroll.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Promotes effective HR practices to minimize potential liability and risks while promoting a positive environment.
- Counsels staff and management on disciplinary issues, terminations, and policy interpretation while ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and good practice standards. Handles employee relations issues, conducts investigative resolution and follows through with correction action.
- Participates in strategic planning through collaboration with management to determine recruitment needs and staffing objectives.
- Engages in recruitment, interviewing, and selection activity to ensure the company is targeting and selecting top talent. Assists managers in making the best hiring decisions and ensures legal compliance of all recruitment activities.
- Oversees accuracy of HRIS. Prepares customized reports by selecting, analyzing and summarizing internal HR data and trends.
- Coordinates performance management activities such as annual performance appraisal, self-appraisal, and merit increase process.
- Develops and maintains position descriptions for all positions within the company.
- Educates and trains on general HR programs including employment law, performance management, staffing, selection and retention.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration.
- SPHR or PHR certification is preferred.
- Six years of progressive Human Resources experience, including a minimum of three years in a Human Resources management position focused on employment and recruitment activities, employee relations, training and development, HR practices and strategic HR planning.
- Extensive knowledge of all full life-cycle recruiting components, including sourcing, qualifying, networking and assessing candidate skills.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law.
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities with delegation of staff assignments to achieve team objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment.