Human Resources Generalist
Our client has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Generalist. This position will be responsible for recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation, performance management, employee relations and employment law compliance.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Administers policies and objectives for this multi-state organization.
- Administers employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Administers compensation reviews: job value, wage and salary structure, pay policies, incentive programs, performance appraisal programs, job descriptions, employee programs and services.
- Assists in the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, interns and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and posts jobs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in the preparation and evaluation of reports. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains HR records including personnel files.
Human Resources Generalist requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
- Three years of Human Resources experience; gained through increasingly responsible positions within Human Resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee relations and the principles, practices, and procedures of personnel administration.
- Knowledge of federal and state HR laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate working two Saturday’ s a month for 3-4 hours to support the weekend shift.