Human Resources Generalist
Kansas City, MO
In this newly created position, the Human Resources Generalist will work closely with senior management to support the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: HRIS system administration, benefits administration, recruitment/employment, onboarding, leave administration, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development and execution of personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
- Responsible for upgrading and maintaining the HRIS system to be more efficient and provide better streamlined solutions for the organization.
- Initiate recruitment through internal and external postings and advertisements; screen applications in a timely manner; initiate personal and/or telephone interviews to effectively screen candidates; refer qualified candidates to management.
- Coordinate and process new hire on-boarding orientation.
- Process employment verifications and unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Administer employee benefits, COBRA, leaves, FML and disability programs, and responds to employee questions and issues; acts as a liaison between insurance broker/carriers and employees to resolve issues.
- Manage annual open enrollment process. Ensures data is updated in HRIS system.
- Coordinate health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration.
Human Resources Generalist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred, however requirement may be satisfied with equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years of progressive or generalist Human Resources experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS system, ADP preferred.
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and strong organizational strategies.