Human Resources Director
Kansas City, MO
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resources Director is responsible for providing leadership, expertise and oversight in all areas of Human Resources. This position serves as a strategic partner and consults with senior leadership and supervisors on all human resources matters, provides day to day execution of HR tasks, and serves as an advocate for staff members
Human Resources Director responsibilities include:
- Establish and provide leadership and direction for the recruitment and on-boarding processes.
- Conduct wage and salary surveys and makes recommendations to senior management on compensation programs that are consistent with the goals of the organization.
- Direct the annual performance evaluation and salary review process.
- Direct the employee relations, performance improvement, and disciplinary process.
- Provide strategic direction for organizational development related to the needs of the organization.
- Develop, implement and oversee all personnel policies and procedures with an eye on consistency and current best practices.
- Develop and deliver a variety of training programs for staff, using both internal and external resources.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs and activities.
Human Resources Director requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 10+ years' experience providing strategic and tactical Human Resources Management.
- 2-5 years managerial-level Human Resources experience is required.
- Non-profit industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Human Resources Certification is preferred.