Help Desk Specialist
Atchison, KS US
Morgan Hunter is working with a valued client to help them identify candidates for a direct-hire IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST role. This company offers competitive pay, benefits and the opportunity to work a hybrid office schedule once established.
The primary function of the IT Support Specialist is planning and delivery technology support services including software and hardware installation, consultation, troubleshooting, user assistance and training for the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS
- Responsible for answering and logging support desk requests.
- Technical support and documentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical issue in terms that a non-technical audience can understand
- Excellent customer service and people skills
- Thorough knowledge of desktop operating systems including Windows 7/10/11
- Knowledge of Windows Server operating systems - 2012R2, 2016, 2019, Exchange Hybrid
- Experience in monitoring, configuration, and management of information technologies
- Knowledge of Virtualization with VMWare and Hyper-V
- Software deployment experience such as SCCM, PDQ, WSUS
- Knowledge of networking concepts - TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- Works independently on large and/or complex technical projects
- All other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Technical certificate/degree, or equivalent experience
- A+, Network +, Security +, MCDST a plus
- Minimum of 2-4 years of support experience
About Morgan Hunter
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary staffing to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we’ re also responsive and efficient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker – because everyone deserves to find the right fit.