Graphic Designer - Packaging
Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct-hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our dynamic and growing client is seeking a Graphic Designer - Packaging, to join their team. Our client makes products that are sold worldwide at most major retail locations. You will work with the internal team to come up with fantastic package designs that you will see on the shelves at retails locations, as well as in the eCommerce universe. The client is seeking someone who is confident in their 3D package design skills, and who also stays on top of the latest package design trends.
This position is a Morgan Hunter exclusive and not posted elsewhere, so reach out today for a confidential conversation to see if my client is a match for you.
Why our client?
Our client offers a fantastic work culture and is a growing company. You will also find them to be a great place to work and you’ ll be surrounded by highly intelligent people such as yourself.
We are searching for a designer who is passionate about their craft, maintaining healthy conceptual thinking while delivering excellent designs. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of package design, package materials, graphic and 3D design, modern design styles, and layout techniques. Ultimately, you will ensure the designs promote our brand by delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for designing and developing compelling packaging solutions, updating packaging specifications, supporting the design process's implementation, and working with the marketing team on other graphic design initiatives.
Duties and Expectations - Packaging
- Create, manage and execute all aspects of package design and marketing graphic design from concept to completion, including sketching, prototyping, proofing, and delivering final art files.
- Deliver creative solutions for a wide variety of 3-D packaging for products and sustainability (boxes, tray inserts, hangtags, sleeves, displays, and signage), creating material specifications, package die lines, digital and print mockups.
- Ability to create 3D renderings and provide direction to factories that include material specifications, structure, and final print-ready files for production.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services with dramatic and eye-catching solutions to communicate a brand message in-store and online.
- Showcase superb attention to detail.
- Handle fast turnarounds with a strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Manage overseas package vendors.
Duties and Expectations - Marketing
- Manage design and layout for web and print campaigns, and update the artwork for the website.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create banner ads, advertisements, and artwork for marketing, social media, events, and channel partners.
- Design original marketing pieces that may include illustrations and infographics, event signage, sales sheets, and other marketing materials.
- Research, identify and share current industry design trends and competitive reviews related to the brand.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and assignments as directed by management.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or 3D industrial design with 5 to 10 years of experience
- 4+ years of experience in packaging design
- Expert understanding of packaging components, materials, structure, die line creation and preparing files for printer/vendor.
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite - shortcuts and efficient workflow a must.
- Experience with 3D rendering programs and/or CAD is a plus.
- Experience working with overseas vendors and/or factories.
- Showcase a strong portfolio with a variety of samples, demonstrating an ability to conceptualize, design, and execute current packaging in line with current market and consumer trends.
- Attention to visual details with the ability to combine various colors, fonts, and layouts.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, time management, and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed to interact with in-house team members and with factories overseas.
- Strong creative typography skillset utilizing modern, brand-relevant fonts.
- Flexibility to shift priorities in a fast-paced and highly demanding environment.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Embraces change, challenges and makes recommendations for improvements to products and processes.
Who Should Apply?
Please note, our client will only consider applicants who are residing in the Kansas City metropolitan area. All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA with no restrictions. Our client does not offer H1-B sponsorships or transfers. Thank you!