Financial Reporting Manager
Overland Park, KS
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL REPORTING
Responsible for implementing and executing a global SEC Reporting process. Manage data gathering, review, and consolidation process for US GAAP disclosures in 10-Q/K filings and other regulatory filings including proxy statements, employee benefit plan audits, and other issued financial statements. Responsible for ensuring that the reporting adhere to US GAAP and company policies. Documents accounting policies and procedures and assists with technical accounting research. Reports on financial results, including investigating trends and variances, on a monthly basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and manages the global process of data gathering, review and consolidation of financial information for disclosures in quarterly and annual filings.
- Ensures that disclosures in quarterly and annual 10-Q/K disclosures are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Assists in preparation and review of materials for Disclosure & Audit Committee.
- Assists with monthly financial statement review process.
- Assists in the implementation, evaluation and documentation of new or changing accounting guidance.
- Annually reviews accounting policies and procedures and updates policies as necessary. Develops new accounting policies when necessary.
- Maintains documented work procedures. Continually evaluates and standardizes procedures to improve the efficiency.
- Ability to partner with offshore accounting resources for successful completion of activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of accounting and/or SEC Reporting experience or relevant experience including preparing and/or reviewing financial statements to include income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, statement of stockholders’ equity and related footnote disclosures.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures as applied in a public company.
- Master’ s degree in Accounting or related field.
- “ Big 4” firm experience.
- Strong financial analysis capability.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals throughout the organization.