Employee Relations Business Partner
Kansas City, MO
Interacts with other Human Resource (HR) Partners, business leaders, managers and employees to provide advice, guidance and coaching on policy and employment practices to ensure workplace concerns are resolved fairly and consistently. Uses their expertise to consult with and advise others on successful resolution of performance and conduct issues, employee concerns, labor relations, and unique situations within the workplace.
- Provide guidance and counsel to business leaders and managers on complex employment employee issues involving corrective action, performance management, investigations, separations, and performance evaluations
- Represent the organization in the negotiation, administration, and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements (including the grievance process).
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Develop and facilitate manager training on core HR practices.
- Assist with conflict resolution activities including advice and guidance, facilitation, mediation, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution for formal and informal complaints.
- Audit labor and employee relations activities to identify issues and develop strategies for improvement.
- Identify risks associated with employment practices and develop plans to mitigate these risks partnering with other HR and corporate groups.
- Extensive employee relations and labor relations experience as demonstrated in general HR policies, programs, methods, practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in an effective manner. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate information to all levels.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively while working with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related area.
- Eight years progressive HR experience. Experience should include extensive conflict resolution skills, complex employee relations, training and development and facilitation skills.
- Human Resources experience in a healthcare environment.