Director of Finance
Overland Park, KS
The Director of Finance plays a key role in the financial management and growth of the organization. The individual directly supports and reports to the President and CFO, and manages the accounting/finance team. The individual is responsible for providing vision, leadership, management and execution of the financial and strategic planning processes, and guiding teams to implement the identified objectives.
Responsible for the overall finance function for the organization, and leading a team to accomplish the following:
- Develop annual operating budgets, mid-year forecasts and monthly projections including capital.
- Create timely, detailed, and accurate analysis of monthly actual results to budgeted results, financial reports, and financial trends.
- Develop metrics or models to improve business operations, budgeting and forecasting process.
- Perform financial analysis and modeling to identify resource and investment alternatives
- Provide financial support to leadership team.
- Leads the development of analysis or other special projects to support strategic and executive management decisions as assigned by the President and/or Vice President including pricing, operating model changes, etc.
- Leads analysis of past trends and future demand; proposes strategic direction, provides thought leadership and engages senior leadership and other influencers as needed.
- Responsible for delivering the 5-year strategic plan with supporting detail and financials to executive leadership.
- Evaluates and advises management on the impact of short-term and long-range initiatives and plans.
- Ensures continuous improvement of all financial processes including planning, planning software utilization and alignment with enterprise reporting operations.
- Works with cross-functional project teams to solve business problems and can succeed in a matrixed operating environment.
- Partners with strategy team(s) on the prioritization of strategic initiatives and evaluates investment opportunities for strategic and financial value.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA desired
- 7-10 years financial statement close, financial planning & analysis experience required with demonstrated leadership of planning and forecasting cycles and P&L financial management prior experience
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills combined with outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience required, with proven success in talent development
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and secondary research skills needed. Ability to synthesize and clearly articulate information a must
- Excellent leadership and management capabilities to train and develop staff