Director of Data Analytics
Overland Park, KS
Director of Data Analytics
Where is the role located? Anywhere, USA! This is a work-from-home opportunity!
Are you the type of person who loves solving problems that can positively impact a business? Are you called “ a numbers person” by your coworkers, friends, and family? Are you so passionate about numbers that you have a Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree focusing around mathematics, statistics, or data analytics? If so, my client has an amazing opportunity for you. We aren’ t using the word “ amazing” lightly, as this role is perfect for someone who wants to grow a current analytics team, while also bringing world-class ideas and solutions to how the department will look in the future.
The Director of Analytics will lead the overall effort of using data in a predictive way to empower the organization in making informed decisions, increasing efficiency, and optimizing results. Our client wants you to use real-time data to make fast and reliable business decisions to present to the executive team for evaluation. You will be a persistent problem-solver who is solutions-oriented and goes beyond describing the analysis and offers actionable recommendations.
The Director will lead three teams to analyze real-time data to find patterns and make recommendations for optimizing our client’ s operational performance. These responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Support a data-driven mindset throughout the organization as a key component of decision-making
- Design and improve data-driven key performance indicators (KPIs) that add value to the business
- Develop models that offer insights on acquisition, churn, and forecasting
- Maintain an objective point of view to ensure an accurate and unbiased analysis
- Extract the essential meaning and most important aspects of the analysis clearly and concisely
- Be a storyteller translate the data into a cohesive, compelling story / business case that highlights issues and opportunities for the company
- Develop and enhance methods of monitoring data integrity to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Develop and grow a best of class Data Analytics team
- 10+ years of experience analyzing business data and translating insights into actionable decisions
- Effective written and verbal communication and the ability to present complex information clearly across all levels of the organization, including the C-Suite
- Solving problems through data analysis, creative and critical thinking, and business judgment
- A leadership style that engages, develops, and empowers others to do what is in the best interest of the company and customer
- Computer proficiency in statistical / data analytics tools (SPSS, R, SAS) and the ability to adapt to new technology and algorithms
- Master’ s Degree in Quantitative Analytics, Mathematics, or related fields
- Eligibility to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future